Saturday 23 February 2013

The Desert/City Element Part 2

As I said in the previous post, I have been back to the desert shots and adjusted the timings to slow them down a bit.
I now have a week to refine and finish the project, so I'm going to start by finishing off the city.

The first step of this was working out the movement of the camera to ensure that the text can be read on the buildings (as that is the main purpose of the piece). One Id got the sequence mapped out, I was able to fill  in the blank parts of the city without having to waist time building geometry.

I was using mental ray sun and sky physics for all the desert and city shots to get a nice even distribution of lighting. Unfortunately, after rendering some areas showed the edge of the geometry. This meant that I had to create and track in a replacement sky and desert matte painting. This wasn't an ideal solution as the depth of field isn't as accurate as it would have been if it was exported from Maya.

No comments:

Post a Comment