Saturday 16 February 2013

The Font Element

As this project is focusing largely on the typography, it is very important that the fonts fit in with the visual style of the piece. To start with I did several searches to try and find the fonts that were used in the film, or on the DVD cover. 
This search didn't get anywhere, so I decided that I would try and match a the font into the scene myself.
For the temple scene I tried to find a font that fitted in with the Egyptian style writing that is in the film. This had to be not to sharp, but still had to be legible. In the end I settled on NYALA.
For the City scene a lot of the text will be projected onto buildings so it needs to be bold in order for it to be legible. In the end I settled for Chunk Five
As I found myself working on university computers more and more, I found that they didn't allow installation of fonts. For this reason, I had to find a font that had similar attributes of the font I had already used; Rockwell extra bold seemed a good fit for an alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment