Sunday 10 February 2013

The Render Element

Vector renderer

My original intention was to use Mayas vector renderer to create a flat looking composition that still possessed some of the qualities 3d work. I drew inspiration for this from the title sequence from the 2004
Thunderbird's film.
https://vimeo.com/10530929

One of the looks that i particularly liked from this opening sequence was this:

I decided to test this style with the models i have already produced.
TEMP PHOTO
I like the way this effect works for the block shapes in the temple, however, when it comes to some of the details on the taxi it doesn't look as good.
TAXI PHOTO
I did try a few different render settings including a normal render and then a vector outline render that were composited together.
I was very much undecided about whether or not to pursue this technique further. After a feedback session with my tutor, and him sharing the uncertainty about whether the technique was the best route forward for the project.
For this and other reasons, I have decided to move to a more realistic look using mental ray renderer. Unfortunately, most of the work that has already been done will need to be revisited to re-texture the models  using mental ray shaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment